Please see below for details of your invitation to our upcoming Memorial Day event. We hope you can attend!
- The free symphony will be held Monday, May 28 in the City Pier Park (across from the City Pier) under the recently installed shade sails.
- There will be seating for approximately 400. No reserved seating is available.
- Parking is available at pier or park & ride the free trolley from Crosspointe fellowship Church at entrance to the City of Anna Maria.
10:00 Invocation – Rev. Ed Moss of Crosspointe Fellowship Church Anna Maria
-Welcome & recognition of visiting
dignitaries/officials present- Mayor Murphy
- Colors Presentation – Manatee County Sheriff’s Office Honor Guard: Color Guards, Bagpiper & Trumpeter
- Memorial Wreath placement – Mayor Bob Johnson of Holmes Beach (Lt. Col USA-Retired) & Capt. George Barford (USN- Retired)
- Recognition - Spouses & significant others of veterans present – Mayor Murphy
-Recognition – All veterans present (by branch of service) – Mayor Murphy
10:30 Symphony begins - 20 piece orchestra from the Anna Maria Island Concert
Chorus and Orchestra to play patriotic music
11:30 Symphony concludes
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Dan Murphy – Mayor
City of Anna Marīa
Office (941)708-6130 Extension 124
Mobile (941) 538-8838
Under Florida law, all transmittals to and from this address are public records.
“Cur est AnnaMarīa omnis divisa in partes tres.”
Turtle Season May 1st thru October 31st.
Leave No Trace
Removal of the city pier planks is anticipated to take place in June
with an estimated timeframe the planks will be available for distribution
tentatively scheduled to take place after June 25th. We
will continue to keep you advised as we get closer to the actual start date.
Click HERE to view front & back exterior pier design renderings.
Public Comment regarding the pier design can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org